Getting this item's online copy...
Find a copy in the library
Getting this item's location and availability...
Find it in libraries globally
Video recordings for the hearing impaired
|Named Person:||Martin Scorsese|
|Document Type:||Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Florence Dauman; Martin Scorsese; Michael Henry Wilson; Elmer Bernstein; British Film Institute.; Channel Four (Great Britain); Miramax Films.; Voyager Company.; Buena Vista Home Entertainment (Firm)
|Language Note:||Closed captioned for the hearing impaired.|
|Notes:||Originally broadcast on Channel Four Television in 1995.|
|Credits:||Editors, David Lindblom, Kenneth I. Levis ; music, Elmer Bernstein.|
|Performer(s):||Narrated by Martin Scorsese.|
|Target Audience:||Not rated.|
|Description:||2 videodiscs (226 min.) : sd., col. and b&w ; 4 3/4 in.|
|Details:||DVD, full screen (1.33:1) presentation; Dolby digital; stereo.|
|Contents:||Director's dilemma: mastering the creative process --
Director as storyteller: the Western, the Gangster film, the musical --
Director as illusionist: controlling and mastering the technical process --
Director as smuggler: the metaphor behind the vision --
Director as iconoclast: asserting personal expression.
|Series Title:||Century of cinema.|
|Other Titles:||A personal journey with Martin Scorsese through American movies|
|Responsibility:||a BFI TV production for Channel 4 in association with Miramax Films ; produced by Florence Dauman ; written and directed by Martin Scorsese, Michael Henry Wilson.|
|Local System Bib Number:||
Featuring a wealth of extracts from famous and infamous American movies, Scorsese offers a provocative multifaceted portrait of Hollywood film directors as he charts a comprehensive course through the rich history of the American cinema.
Retrieving notes about this item
- Scorsese, Martin -- Interviews.
- Motion pictures -- United States.
- Motion picture industry -- United States.
- Motion picture producers and directors -- United States -- Interviews.
- Motion picture producers and directors -- United States.
- Western films -- United States -- History and criticism.
- Gangster films -- United States -- History and criticism.
- Musical films -- United States -- History and criticism.
- Film noir -- United States -- History and criticism.