Getting this item's online copy...
Find a copy in the library
Getting this item's location and availability...
Find it in libraries globally
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Daniel L Akin; David P Nelson; Peter R Schemm
|Description:||xii, 979 p. ; 24 cm.|
|Contents:||Section 1. The Doctrine of Revelation. Prolegomena: Introduction to the task of theology / Gregory Alan Thornbury ; Natural revelation / Russell D. Moore ; Special revelation / David S. Dockery and David P. Nelson --
2. The Doctrine of God. The nature of God: being, attributes, and acts / Timothy George ; The work of God: creation and providence / David P. Nelson ; The agents of God: angels / Peter R. Schemm, Jr. --
3. The Doctrine of Humanity. Human nature / John S. Hammett ; Human sinfulness / R. Stanton Norman --
4. The Doctrine of Christ. The person of Christ / Daniel L. Akin ; The work of Christ / Paige Patterson --
5. The Doctrine of the Holy Spirit. The person and work of the Holy Spirit / Malcolm B. Yarnell III --
6. The Doctrine of Salvation. The work of God: salvation / Kenneth Keatley --
7. The Doctrine of the Church. The church / Mark E. Dever --
8. The Doctrine of the Last Things. Personal and cosmic eschatology / Russell D. Moore --
Conclusion. The pastor as theologian / R. Albert Mohler, Jr.
|Other Titles:||A theology for the church /|
|Responsibility:||Daniel L. Akin, editor ; David P. Nelson and Peter R. Schemm, Jr., associate editors.|
|Local System Bib Number:||
A Theology for the Church, an immense 992-page work edited by Daniel Akin, with contributions from leading Baptist thinkers Albert Mohler, Jr., Paige Patterson, Timothy George, and many others, addresses four major issues in regard to eight Christian doctrines. What does the Bible say? Each Christian doctrine is rooted in the Bible's own teaching in both the Old and New Testaments. What has the Church believed? Christians have interpreted these doctrines in somewhat different ways through the centuries. How do the doctrines fit together? Each Christian doctrine must cohere with the other doctrines. How does each doctrine impact the church today? Each Christian doctrine must be meaningful for today's church. It's sure to become a widely-used resource in systematic theology study. - Publisher.
Retrieving notes about this item
User lists with this item (9)
- Systematic theology(31 items)
by glensad updated about 3 weeks ago
- ChurchEarthly(100 items)
by greycloud updated about 4 hours ago
- Progressive Dispensationalism(24 items)
by romansone18 updated 2012-09-29
- TH302J Molina (Textbooks)(1 items)
by bcflibrary updated 2012-09-20
- TH302 Howell (Textbooks)(3 items)
by bcflibrary updated 2012-09-18